Operating a Google+ Local page is vital for many businesses across the country due to the SEO benefits that it offers.
Creating one of these pages is relatively simple, especially if you have created other social media channels such as Facebook or Youtube. A key component for creating and claiming your Google+ Local listing is having Gmail account for your business. Setting up a Gmail account is simple (link?).
Once you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to get started.
1. You’ll have to choose what type of business you have:
Storefront: serve customers at a brick and mortar location.
Service Area Business: serve customers at their location of choice.
2. Enter your address in the locator. Google Maps will be a part of your Google+ Local page so that customers can easily find your location.
3. If you see your business listed, click on it and enter more detailed information to submit your business for Google’s verification process (see below).
If your business isn’t listed, click “No, these aren’t my locations” and you’ll be asked to submit more information about your location.
Once your Google+ Local page is created, you can verify your listing by postcard or phone call.
- Postcard. Google will send a postcard with a verification code to your place of business. Once you receive the postcard, you’ll need to enter the verification code into the My Business dashboard to complete your listing.
- Phone. Google will call your business phone with an automated message that contains your verification code.
Claiming an existing Google+ Local listing
If your listing was claimed by someone else, you can submit a form to Google with the correct information and they will go through the verification process again with you.